137 1

Hey guys. I’m new to this blogging thing, and I just wanted to share something I’ve found helpful when getting over a relationship.

I got dumped a few weeks ago. One thing that came of it was her being very cold towards me and not really wanting to talk or explain anything. I had a lot of things to say and wanted to talk about, but she wasn’t talking and I didn’t want to further push her away. So, I started writing emails to her, and sending them to myself. Sometimes all you need is to say it out loud to free yourself from it.

But it doesn’t stop there, because I had things that wouldn’t stop bugging me about what happened. I had to work through some stuff, but sometimes you can’t work through it if your brain is stuck on it. Writing it down helps in a way of like, gaining an outside perspective.. You know how you can give all your friends the best advice ever, but you can’t give it to yourself? Well this is a way of working on that. I think they call it “externalizing”. You put the problem outside of you and then you can address it more logically and with a clearer view.

It helped me get a better picture of maybe what was going on with her, it helped me gain knowledge of my self, and has helped me make some choices on where to go from here. I could even see where this might have helped previously in disputes I had, where it seemed like I was repeating myself over and over, and maybe if I had worked things out this way, I would have been better prepared to resolve the dispute when we started trying to work things out.

Anyways, try it if you like, maybe it could help you out. There’s no rules on how you have to do it. Most of the emails I wrote stopped in the middle of a paragraph, and I just sent them as they were at the end of the day, or when I wanted to let go of it.

That’s all for now.

.

One Comment:

• Sigi: writing your thoughts can be really helpful when trying to get over a breakup. Thanks skellington