If I want to remove her from my life forever, should I tell her or ignore her calls?

Basically my ex and I broke up about 5 months ago. I wished her all the best for the future and she said the same.

From there we didn't have any contact for about 2 months, and then she messaged me. I ignored it. Another few weeks she messages again but I also don't answer it. 2 months ago she sent an angry message basically saying she hates that we don't talk and that if I don't want to talk shed rather I said something than silence. I also ignored that.

Was I right to do this or did she deserve an explanation? Its been eating away at me since.

Posted on Dating
Answer
Maria12 avatar
10 months ago #2
Maria12
Ace
Blogs: 0
Forum: 694
Votes: 13

Who broke up with who?

Reply
C
10 months ago #3
Confused
Guest

Well we had an argument and then for a few weeks after that I was really distant with her. She brought that fact up, and I said that if we weren't happy with what we had we should go our own ways. She said she had to accept my decision and we wished each other well.

Reply
Maria12 avatar
10 months ago #4
Maria12
Ace
Blogs: 0
Forum: 694
Votes: 13

Do u want to get back together? Me personally would rather be told if my ex didn't want to hear from me again so I could move on! So if you don't want to get back with her just send her a polite text and tell her

Reply
C
10 months ago #5
Confused
Guest

I'm actually seeing someone else. I really loved my ex and I'm sad it didn't work out. I feel bad ignoring her and leaving her in limbo but I'd also feel bad telling her I can't have her in my life.

Reply
Maria12 avatar
10 months ago #6
Maria12
Ace
Blogs: 0
Forum: 694
Votes: 13

As a woman I'd sooner know the truth,it will probably hurt her to know you have someone else but in time she'd get over it and move on! It's upto you though what ever u decide to do

Reply
C
10 months ago #7
Confused
Guest

I appreciate the advice. Do you think because I've ignored her she will hate me for it?

Reply
Maria12 avatar
10 months ago #8
Maria12
Ace
Blogs: 0
Forum: 694
Votes: 13

Well I've been ignored before and didn't hate! I'd say more hurt or upset!

Reply
C
10 months ago #9
Confused
Guest

Yeah I know she'll be hurting. Maybe she thinks its a good sign that I'm not replying and saying I don't want her in my life?

I don't think she'll message again and I don't think I could after so long, unless guilt becomes too much.

Reply
Maria12 avatar
10 months ago #10
Maria12
Ace
Blogs: 0
Forum: 694
Votes: 13

Just continue doing the nc thing then

Reply
C
10 months ago #11
Confused
Guest

It just eats away at me, as I know she deserved better than to be ignored. She was a kind girl and she treated me like a King. I guess I have to live with the consequences of my actions.

Reply
R
4 months ago #12
Rachel
Guest

Please just tell her. This has happened to me before and currently now again, same person. For her sake just give her the closure she needs. It is soul destroying to be ignored, has life long effects. If you cared like you said you did, be honest with her

Reply