Why does an ex husband be so bitter after filing for a divorce? He refuses ...

Why does an ex husband be so bitter after filing for a divorce? He refuses to compromise for the child we share & he is always angry & spiteful & refuses to communicate positively no matter the situation.

Posted on Divorce
Answer
gummybears avatar
4 years ago #2
gummybears
Wiz
Blogs: 147
Forum: 6,410
Votes: 246

this is common, and you aren't alone. I know how hard it can be when it gets like this.

I do know that it helped me to stop using "you" statements and changing them to "I" statements helped with the hate/anger my ex had against me.

the next thing that was the biggest help was to switch to communicating by email and text. it slowed the process down, and also it made the words usuable in court, so they have to really think about what they say...

document, document, document... EVERYTHING. with times and dates.

it sounds lime he's counti g on the court to solve this, and get him what he wants, and the only way to protect against that is to have things in writing. even a journal.

at the end of the day, the judge has the last say, and even though this process can be frustrating, always take the high road...and document it lol! .

have you tried mediation?

Reply
 avatar
4 years ago #3
Faith
Guest

We have been to mediation twice last October. But he only agreed to sound good. Like he volunteered to take us to church Christmas Day & he never came, didn't call either. I held to him for as long as I could. But its time to let go. He did, he put me in court for access claiming he never saw her. Then a month after the court made a final order he filed divorce when she was 15mths. His actions have caused tension between us, he fails to admit he is the problem. He allowed his mother to meddle in our marriage. Saying that they are his family and I only joined his family. He is very immature & irrational. He always seen on the internet with other women in parties/fetes. Lies & denies everything. He choose his mother over his marriage & now he is doing everything he could to spite me. We used to stay at his parents when we got married 2010. But I was being I'll treated & taken advantage of by him & his parents. His mother pretend to like me at first. Now he refuses to believe she is against our union & having a family. But yet she advised him to destroy our marriage. I'm confused we had a great relationship before we got married. I know my daughter & I deserve better & I don't understand why he is resentful towards me. I refused to continue staying at his parents home & I feel like he hates me for it. He depends on his mother for everything. I begged him to move out & instead he ran to the court to get what he wants. He denies being involved with other women, but yet he begs me to move on. What does he want from me? Disrespecting me & my daughter will not solve his problems. He is very selfish. He abandon his family but he plays the victim in court.

Reply
eugen avatar
3 years ago #4
eugen
Blogs: 0
Forum: 104
Votes: 7

I don't get how he has taken advantage of you? Did you also support him financially?

Reply
 avatar
3 years ago #5
Faith
Guest

Yes he had left his job & claimed he was fully financially Dependent on his parents. I had to pay all the bills because he had no contributions.

Reply
eugen avatar
3 years ago #6
eugen
Blogs: 0
Forum: 104
Votes: 7

Well then you know why he's bitter, he's a failure in both life and marriage, and he knows it even if he can't admit it.

He probably tries to fill his life with distractions and blame everybody else. Standard.

Reply
 avatar
3 years ago #7
guest
Guest

My husband is kinda revengeful i think, on one hand he says he won't divorce me, and on other hand he says i would win the case, for what?

Love never exists and he can't tie me in it.

Bl00dy games.. I don't understand this man, i really don;t, he can't get a girl like me. I told him, you really love me ya? and can do anything for me?

Sign the divorce papers..

And he says never, ya? never? i have to sort it out anyhow, now that i have to hire a lawyer to make him ever and forever! away from me..

he wants to fight case ? ya.. he has to lose me..

LET THERE BE WAR FOR YEARS! BECAUSE LOVE NEVER EXISTED! HE WANTS DATES AND DATES AND COURTS AND DOCUMENTS, YA LET IT BE!

I AM READY!

He wants it nasty, i would do it, play for it.. i would fight for years because no power on earth can unite us!

Reply
 avatar
3 years ago #8
Ac
Guest

I'm in the same predicament, what was the outcome of this?

Reply
gymgirlie avatar
3 years ago #9
gymgirlie
Wiz
Blogs: 1
Forum: 8,127
Votes: 347

It's like a territorial thing.

Men cannot be friends.

It's an ego thing. They are little boys and they are hurt.

They are resentful and must display their feelings through actions. Men hurt too. They cannot admit the little boy in them. They will go to the highest mountain to prove that. It's a man thing.

Is there something I can help you hurdle over?

Reply
 avatar
3 years ago #10
Ac
Guest

He is going to the extreme of getting a TRO on me after I have already moved out, then asking me daily to come home. He is just doing anything and everything against me out of spite to hurt me, and to get to me, and it's working! I am currently going on 5 months pregnant with his daughter and he insists on making this hell on me, as if it's not already hard without the added drama!!

Can't catch a break -_-

Reply