NC: Ex told me to leave him alone but texted me. Do I ignore?

Long story short we had a meaningful relationship for 1 year and for the most part our relationship was really good. My ex has addiction issues and is recovering from drugs and alcohol (Not sure if this matters.) He told me I was the best thing ever to happen to him (he has dated abusive women) and we went from being in love than he breaks up with me over text 24 hours later and begs me not to see him or come over. Sent his friend to deliver my keys same day. So i left him alone. Went into NC. Hardest thing ever but i pulled through worked on me and accepted the breakup and accepted the fact that he chose the coward way out and that i would never speak to or see this person again. For a good 2 and a half weeks although I kept my distance I noticed he continue to stalk to me online. This confused me as I thought he wanted me to leave him alone. I ended up blocking him on social media too and everything else because he was making it difficult to do something he wanted - move on (but his number since i deleted it) fastforward to recently (approximately a month after breakup) and he texts me. I never expected to ever hear from this person again. He texted me about some things and mail that got to him (I don’t see why he texted when he could just forward to my address since he knows where i live) than he texted me about another question and I honestly don’t know what to say so I haven’t responded. I don’t know if I should. Advice?

edit: towards the end of the breakup he blamed everything on me suddenly i made him unhappy which made no sense. toward the end of the breakup i was going through something tough in my life and it was effecting me emotionally and as a result we ended up having little arguments other than that the relationship as a whole was really fun and positive. i’m still friends with his friends and they have reached out to me during nc to tell me how hard it is for him but that he is trying to move on (haven’t responded but saying “wish him happiness but i’m moving on”)

Sponsored Links
Posted on Dating
 avatar
1 week ago #2
Bea
Guest

Your ex boyfriend sounds instable. I think that you should ignore him.

avatar
1 week ago #3
imournedyou
Guest

What bothers me is why would he text me at all about that? Why not forward it to my address and not speak to me? I never expected to ever hear from this person again

Sponsored Links
SomebodyElse avatar
1 week ago #4
SomebodyElse
Ace
Blogs: 1
Forum: 1,175
Votes: 37

Because he's unstable, as Bea suggested? If he's relapsed, he's likely unstable. If he's newly in recovery, he is likely still unstable.

Ignore it. Let him get his life together. That's what I would do.

avatar
1 week ago #5
imournedyou
Guest

He has been sober for 3 years now. “Sober”

Johnny Nicks avatar
6 days ago #6
Johnny Nicks
Meister
Blogs: 107
Forum: 44,951
Votes: 1,616

Sober does not mean someone is stable.. The cause of most addictions are usually self-esteem related and that may also cause emotional instability?

avatar
6 days ago #7
imournedyou
Guest

why would he bother to text me in the first place? My friend told me that it was his way of using an excuse to speak to me after 3-4 weeks. I think that if he wanted to talk he would have just said so. He also uses his friend to get a rise out of me (by using social media to unfollow me cause he knows how much that annoys me; but this time I did not react)

Sponsored Links
 avatar
6 days ago #8
imournedyou
Guest

He’s been sober for years. I don’t really understand addiction. He looks stable to me but clearly not. I’ve been ignoring him - i haven’t seen or spoken to him at all.

avatar
6 days ago #9
Bea
Guest

Your ex has to deal with his issues. Stay away.

avatar
6 days ago #10
imournedyou
Guest

He won’t tell me or give me a man actual reason for the sudden break up. It crossed my mind that maybe he used or relapsed but I didn’t want to think that even though people brought that up as a possibility. In order for me to move on I need to understand. I don’t want to be with him but understanding things isn’t a bad idea. He has been the one reaching out to me.

By entering this site you declare you are 18 or older, you read and agreed to its Terms, Rules & Privacy and you understand that your use of the site's content is made at your own risk and responsibility. Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Relationship Talk