What Are You Thankfull For?

rainbow

photo credit creative commons license UrbanWanderer

Though most of the world does not celebrate thanks giving, there is something to be said for sitting down, counting your blessings and giving thanks for what you have.

Even if you think you are in the worst place you have ever been, sit down for a minute, and try to think of the good in your life. You will be surprised with how long your list is.

First of all, you are alive, and that is more than many can say.

Since you are reading these words, you obviously have a computer or phone, meaning that more probably than not you have a home. A roof over your head, hot and cold running water, clothes to wear and people who love you.

Once again, that is not to be snorted at.

If you are reading these words, then you can also look out and see color, and light, flowers and people, art and animals, and the beauty that is everywhere.

In order for your life to improve, you need to give credit and thanks to what you already have.

Lets do an exercise - make a list of 5 things in your life you are grateful for.

I will go first:

I am grateful for my family, and all the love I have in my life.

I am grateful for my job, which helps put food on the table.

I am grateful for my cat whom has been with me forever.

I am grateful for the internet which enables me to interact with people all over the world with such incredible ease.

I am grateful for my health and the health of my family and friends.

I could go on for quite a bit, but its your turn now :-)

So... what do you think? Please leave me a comment.

By entering this site you declare you are 18 or older, you read and agreed to its Terms, Rules & Privacy and you understand that your use of the site's content is made at your own risk and responsibility. Copyright © 2006 - 2018 Relationship Talk